Despite being one of the most commonly used drugs little research has been conducted on oxytocin's affects.
Sleep duration was significantly longer and there was less sleep disruption for pregnant women in the sleep enhancement training group compared with that of women in control groups.
The First Baby Study at Penn State College of Medicine includes more than 3 000 women in Pennsylvania having their first baby.
Oxytocin levels predicted the severity of postpartum depression symptoms among women with a history of depression.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Naltrexone-Assisted Detox vs Buprenorphine Taper for Opioid Dependence
- Suicide Prevention and Intervention: Cross-Cultural Perspectives
- Pediatric Patients Should Undergo Electrocardiogram Assessment Before Antipsychotic Treatment
- Which Antidepressants May Cause Birth Defects?
- Health Effects and Therapeutic Benefits of Cannabis