Generic Name and Formulations:
Necitumumab 800mg/50mL; soln for IV infusion after dilution; preservative-free.
Lilly, Eli and Company
Indications for PORTRAZZA:
In combination with gemcitabine and cisplatin, for first-line treatment of metastatic squamous non-small cell lung cancer.
Limitations Of use:
Not for treatment of non-squamous non-small cell lung cancer.
Give by IV infusion over 60 mins prior to gemcitabine and cisplatin infusion. 800mg on Days 1 and 8 of each 3-week cycle; continue until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. May premedicate with diphenhydramine HCl (or equivalent) if previously experienced a Grade 1/2 infusion-related reaction. Dose modifications: see full labeling.
Cardiopulmonary arrest. Hypomagnesemia.
Risk of cardiopulmonary arrest and/or sudden death, hypomagnesemia. History of coronary artery disease, CHF, or arrhythmias. Monitor serum electrolytes (eg, magnesium, potassium, calcium) prior to each infusion during therapy and for at least 8 weeks after last dose; withhold for Grade 3/4 electrolyte abnormalities and may resume once improved to Grade ≤2. Replete electrolytes as medically appropriate. Discontinue if serious or life-threatening venous/arterial thromboembolic events or infusion-related reactions occur. Discontinue if Grade 4 skin reactions or Grade 3 skin induration/fibrosis occurs. Limit sun exposure. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Pregnancy; avoid. Use effective contraception during treatment and for 3 months after last dose. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during therapy and for 3 months after last dose).
Human epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) inhibitor.
Rash, dermatitis acneiform, vomiting, diarrhea, thromboembolic events, hypomagnesemia, hypocalcemia, hypokalemia; cardiopulmonary arrest, dermatologic toxicities, infusion reactions.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Panel Recommends Earlier Body Weight Monitoring in Use of Mood Stabilizers
- Nondaily Cigarette Use Increasing Among Individuals With Mental Health, Substance Use Disorders
- Cesarean Delivery, Early Childhood Antibiotic Use Not Associated With Risk for ADHD
- Uncertainty as a Form of Violence: Current Immigration Policy and Crisis
- FDA Gets Tough on Juul, Other Electronic Cigarette Makers