Generic Name and Formulations:
Necitumumab 800mg/50mL; soln for IV infusion after dilution; preservative-free.
Lilly, Eli and Company
Indications for PORTRAZZA:
In combination with gemcitabine and cisplatin, for first-line treatment of metastatic squamous non-small cell lung cancer.
Limitations Of use:
Not for treatment of non-squamous non-small cell lung cancer.
Give by IV infusion over 60 mins prior to gemcitabine and cisplatin infusion. 800mg on Days 1 and 8 of each 3-week cycle; continue until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. May premedicate with diphenhydramine HCl (or equivalent) if previously experienced a Grade 1/2 infusion-related reaction. Dose modifications: see full labeling.
Risk of cardiopulmonary arrest and/or sudden death, hypomagnesemia. History of coronary artery disease, CHF, or arrhythmias. Monitor serum electrolytes (eg, magnesium, potassium, calcium) prior to each infusion during therapy and for 8 weeks after last dose; withhold for Grade 3/4 electrolyte abnormalities and may resume once improved to Grade ≤2. Discontinue if serious or life-threatening venous/arterial thromboembolic events or infusion-related reactions occur. Discontinue if Grade 4 skin reactions or Grade 3 skin induration/fibrosis occurs. Limit sun exposure. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Pregnancy; avoid. Use effective contraception during treatment and for 3 months after last dose. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during therapy and for 3 months after last dose).
Human epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) inhibitor.
Rash, dermatitis acneiform, vomiting, diarrhea, thromboembolic events, hypomagnesemia, hypocalcemia, hypokalemia; cardiopulmonary arrest, dermatologic toxicities, infusion reactions.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Antidepressant Use and Dementia Risk in the Elderly
- Risk for Adverse Outcomes With Antidepressants in Dementia
- Chronic Alcohol Use Disorder Symptoms Occur Regardless of Social Status
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Buprenorphine, Methadone Combined With CNS Depressants May Lead to SAEs
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in HIV-Associated Depression
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress