Poly-Vitamin Drops w/Iron & Fluoride Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Vit. A 1500 IU, thiamine 0.5mg, riboflavin 0.6mg, niacin 8mg, pyridoxine 0.4mg, Vit. C 35mg, Vit. D 400 IU, Vit. E 5 IU, iron (as sulfate heptahydrate) 10mg, fluoride (as sodium) 0.25mg or 0.5mg; per mL; fruit flavor.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Poly-Vitamin Drops w/Iron & Fluoride:
Nutritional supplement, prevention of dental caries where water fluoridation <0.6ppm.
Base dose on fluoride content of water. <6mos: not recommended. If fluoride content <0.3ppm: 6mos–3yrs: 0.25mg fluoride/day; 3–6yrs: 0.5mg fluoride/day. If fluoride content 0.3–0.6ppm: 6mos–3yrs: not recommended; 3–6yrs: 0.25mg fluoride/day.
Water fluoridation >0.6ppm.
Dental fluorosis in chronic overdosage. Account for other sources of fluoride.
Insoluble calcium fluoride with dairy products.
Formerly known under the brand names Poly-Vi-Flor; Poly-Vi-Flor with Iron.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders