Poly-Vitamin Chewable Tablets w/Fluoride Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Vit. A 2500 IU, thiamine 1.05mg, riboflavin 1.2mg, niacin 13.5mg, pyridoxine 1.05mg, Vit. B12 4.5mcg, folic acid 0.3mg, Vit. C 60mg, Vit. D 400 IU, Vit. E 15 IU, fluoride (as sodium) 0.25mg, 0.5mg, 1mg; chew tabs; assorted orange, grape, and cherry flavors.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Poly-Vitamin Chewable Tablets w/Fluoride :
Nutritional supplement, prevention of dental caries where water fluoridation <0.6ppm.
Base dose on fluoride content of water. <4yrs: use drops. <6mos: not recommended. If fluoride content <0.3ppm: 6mos–3yrs: 0.25mg fluoride/day; 3–6yrs: 0.5mg fluoride/day; 6–16yrs: 1mg fluoride/day. If fluoride content 0.3–0.6ppm: 6mos–3yrs: not recommended; 3–6yrs: 0.25mg fluoride/day; 6–16yrs: 0.5mg fluoride/day.
Water fluoridation >0.6ppm.
Dental fluorosis in chronic overdosage. Account for other sources of flouride.
Insoluble calcium fluoride with dairy products.
Formerly known under the brand name Poly-Vi-Flor.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder