PNEUMOVAX 23 Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Pneumococcal vaccine 25mcg; each of 23 polysaccharide isolates; inj; contains phenol.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for PNEUMOVAX 23:
Immunization against pneumococcal disease caused by approximately 85–90% of common U.S. isolates.
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not recommended. ≥2yrs: 0.5mL IM or SC once in deltoid muscle or lateral mid-thigh.
Not for routine revaccination after previous pneumococcal vaccination in immunocompetent patients. Within 14 days of immunosuppressive therapy.
Severe cardiac or pulmonary disease where a systemic reaction would pose a significant risk. May defer in acute febrile respiratory illness or other active infection. Do not discontinue antipneumococcal prophylactic antibiotic therapy. Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Inj site reactions, low grade fever.
Multidose vials—1,10; Single-dose vials—10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Suicide Attempt Risk Among LGB Populations Higher Than Previously Estimated
- Residents Should Take Advantage of Paid Time Off
- Outpatient Engagement May Lower Suicide Attempts in Patients With Fibromyalgia
- Prevalence of Alzheimer Disease, Related Dementia Set to Double
- Forms of Childhood Adversity Related to First-Episode Psychosis Outcomes