PLAN B ONE-STEP OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Levonorgestrel 1.5mg; tabs.
Indications for PLAN B ONE-STEP:
Prevention of pregnancy after known or suspected contraceptive failure or unprotected intercourse. Not for use as regular contraceptive.
Rule out pregnancy first. Take one single-dose as soon as possible but no later than 72hrs after unprotected intercourse. If vomiting occurs within 2hrs, may consider repeating dose.
See full labeling. Known or suspected pregnancy.
See full labeling. Ectopic pregnancy. Does not protect against HIV or other STDs.
May be antagonized by CYP3A4 inducers (eg, efavirenz, rifampin, barbiturates, carbamazepine, phenytoin, St. John's wort).
Heavier menstrual bleeding, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, fatigue, headache, dizziness, breast tenderness, delay of menses (>7days).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Suicide Attempt Risk Among LGB Populations Higher Than Previously Estimated
- Residents Should Take Advantage of Paid Time Off
- Outpatient Engagement May Lower Suicide Attempts in Patients With Fibromyalgia
- Prevalence of Alzheimer Disease, Related Dementia Set to Double
- Forms of Childhood Adversity Related to First-Episode Psychosis Outcomes