Generic Name and Formulations:
Pyrantel (as pamoate) 50mg/mL; susp; caramel-flavor.
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors May Increase Risk for Suboptimal Fetal Growth
- Circadian Clock Genes Associated With Alcohol Dependence in Men
- Suicide Prevention & Bipolar Disorder: Identifying At-Risk Patients
Indications for PIN-X:
Adults and Children:
Treat entire household. <2yrs (<11kg): not recommended. ≥2yrs (≥11kg): 11mg/kg (max 1g) once.
Hepatic dysfunction. Pregnancy.
GI disturbances, headache, dizziness.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Comorbid Narcolepsy and Schizophrenia in Adolescents
- FDA Approves New Treatment for Opioid Dependence
- Gestational Diabetes Associated With Increased Risk for Postpartum Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Smartphone-Based Psychoeducational Programs May Be Effective for Bipolar Disorder Management
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Risk Factors for Recurrent Suicide Attempts in Substance Use Disorder Outpatients