PILOPINE HS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Pilocarpine HCl 4%; oph gel; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for PILOPINE HS:
Apply ½ inch ribbon in lower conjunctival sac at bedtime.
Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Lacrimation, discomfort, headache, ciliary spasm, conjunctival vascular congestion, keratitis, myopia, corneal granularity, reduced nighttime visual acuity; retinal detachment, lens opacity (rare). Systemic cholinergic effects (excessive absorption).
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder