Generic Name and Formulations:
Ingenol mebutate 0.015%, 0.05%; topical gel.
LEO Pharma Inc.
Indications for PICATO:
Topical treatment of actinic keratosis.
For topical use only; not for oral, ophthalmic, or intravaginal use. Face or scalp: apply 0.015% gel to the affected area once daily for 3 consecutive days. Trunk or extremities: apply 0.05% gel to the affected area once daily for 2 consecutive days. Limit application to one contiguous skin area of approximately 25cm2 using one unit dose tube. Allow treated area to dry for 15 minutes after application. Wash hands immediately after application; avoid inadvertent transfer of drug to other areas (eg, eyes). Avoid washing and touching treated area for 6 hours after application; following this time, may wash with mild soap.
<18yrs: not established.
Avoid treatment in the periocular area, near mouth or lips. Eye disorders (eg, severe eye pain, chemical conjunctivitis, corneal burn, eyelid edema, eyelid ptosis, periorbital edema) can occur after exposure. Discontinue if significant hypersensitivity reactions occur. Administration not recommended until skin is healed from previous drug or surgical treatment. Severe skin reactions. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Cell death inducer.
Local skin reactions (eg, erythema, flaking/scaling, crusting, swelling, vesiculation/pustulation, erosion/ulceration), application site pain/pruritus/irritation/infection, periorbital edema, nasopharyngitis, headache; hypersensitivity reactions.
Single-use tubes 0.015%—3; 0.05%—2
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Elevated Dopamine Synthesis Capacity Observed in Both Bipolar and Schizophrenia
- SSRI Use Associated With Increased Type 2 Diabetes Risk in Young Adults
- Specialty Physicians Experiencing Lack of Income Growth
- Improved Patient-Provider Communication Needed Following Urgent Care Visits
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV