Phenazopyridine HCl Tablets Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Phenazopyridine HCl 100mg, 200mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Phenazopyridine HCl Tablets:
Urinary tract discomfort.
200mg 3 times a day after meals; max 2 day therapy when used with antibacterials.
Yellow discoloration of skin or sclera may indicate poor renal excretion. Stains contact lenses. Liver disease. Anemia. Discolors urine and fabric (red-orange). Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Interferes with colorimetric urine tests.
Urinary tract analgesic.
Headache, rash, GI upset, methemoglobinemia, hemolytic anemia, renal and hepatic toxicity.
Formerly known under the brand name Pyridium.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder