Phenazopyridine HCl Tablets Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Phenazopyridine HCl 100mg, 200mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Phenazopyridine HCl Tablets:
Urinary tract discomfort.
200mg 3 times a day after meals; max 2 day therapy when used with antibacterials.
Yellow discoloration of skin or sclera may indicate poor renal excretion. Stains contact lenses. Liver disease. Anemia. Discolors urine and fabric (red-orange). Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Urinary tract analgesic.
Interferes with colorimetric urine tests.
Headache, rash, GI upset, methemoglobinemia, hemolytic anemia, renal and hepatic toxicity.
Formerly known under the brand name Pyridium.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Lithium Monotherapy Effective in Treating Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Cost-Effective Telehealth Alternatives for Veterans With Depression
- Polygenic Risk Scores Could Aid in Identifying Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses