Many clinicians are apprehensive about the risk associated with symptoms of BPD, such as self-harm and suicidal behavior.
Re-evaluation of Fear Processing in Psychopathy: New Evidence and Application to Other Psychiatric Disorders
This is the first meta-analysis to examine subjective emotion experience in psychopathy.
Assessment of comorbid personality disorder could be key to successful weight loss strategies.
Preemies may possess elevated levels of characteristics that put them at risk for peer victimization, including more anxiety and depression.
Patients are usually women; most have chronic, severe conditions with histories of suicide.
Superior to online supportive therapy for symptoms of body dysmorphic disorder.
Nicotine-dependent smokers who began smoking in the 1980s were more likely than older smokers to have a psychiatric condition, such as bipolar disorder, antisocial personality disorder, or ADHD.
Transference-focused psychotherapy is associated with alterations in frontolimbic circuitry in borderline personality disorder.
Extremist organizations attract vulnerable members by emphasizing victimization and sense of identity.
Quick-to-anger gun owners also have elevated risk of personality disorders, alcohol abuse, anxiety and PTSD, the researchers said.
Boredom, frustration and impatience can promote skin-picking, nail-biting and hair-pulling in some people.
In higher doses, Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate) helped to curb binge eating.
Effects seen for women, not men, and for those aged 51 to 64 years, but not those aged 65 and older.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Early Detection Markers of Alzheimer's Disease Possibly Identified
- Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation Inferior to Escitalopram
- Illicit Cannabis Use Among Adults Up Due to Medical Marijuana Laws
- Memory Training Opportunities Exist for Patients With Schizophrenia
- APA: Medical Discrimination Based on Size Psychologically, Physically Harms Patients
- Criteria For Identification of Smartphone Addiction
- Bipolar Disorder: Childhood Trauma Modulates Impact on Amygdala, Hippocampus
- Psychiatric Evaluations: Questions on Suicide Need to Be Rephrased
- Subsequent Suicide Attempts May Be Reduced by Emergency Department Interventions
- Advice for Parents Whose Child Is Seeking Mental Health Treatment
- Prescription Opioid Misuse Remains a Persistent Problem
- Revised Treatment Guidelines for Pediatric Acute Onset Neuropsychiatric Syndrome
- Long-term Response to Prophylactic Mood Stabilizers in Bipolar Disorder
- Medically Supervised Withdrawal, an Option for Pregnant Women Addicted to Opioids
- Navigating the Thin Line Between Identification & Intimacy With Patients