Generic Name and Formulations:
Doxycycline hyclate 20mg; tabs.
Galderma Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for PERIOSTAT:
As an adjunct to scaling and root planing to promote attachment level gain and to reduce pocket depth in patients with adult periodontitis.
Take on an empty stomach with adequate amount of fluid. 20mg twice daily (in AM and PM). May give up to 9 months.
Nursing mothers. Infants. Children.
History of or active oral candidiasis. Monitor blood, renal, and hepatic function in long-term use. Avoid sun and UV light. Pregnancy (Cat.D): not recommended.
Avoid concomitant penicillins, methoxyflurane. Antacids, iron, zinc, calcium, magnesium, urinary alkalinizers reduce absorption. Carbamazepine, barbiturates, phenytoin may decrease effectiveness. Monitor prothrombin time with oral anticoagulants. Oral contraceptives may be less effective.
Photosensitivity, GI upset, rash, blood dyscrasias; rare: hepatotoxicity.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Maternal Glucocorticoid Exposure Not Associated With ADHD in Offspring
- Ketamine Not Associated With PTSD Development in Military Trauma Setting
- Content, Quality Issues for Both Paper-Based and Electronic Health Records