PEPTO-BISMOL MAX STR OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Bismuth subsalicylate 525mg/15mL; susp; sugar-free; original- or cherry-flavor.
Procter & Gamble Pharmaceuticals
Indications for PEPTO-BISMOL MAX STR:
30mL every 60 minutes if needed; max 4 doses daily.
Varicella or influenza in children and teenagers.
Coagulation disorders. Diabetes. Reye's syndrome. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiates oral anticoagulants, hypoglycemics. Antagonizes uricosurics. Salicylism with aspirin. Reduces tetracycline absorption.
Darkened tongue and/or stool.
Chew tabs—12, 30, 48; To-Go chew tabs—12, 24; InstaCool (peppermint flavor) chew tabs—30; Caplets—24, 40; Liq—4oz, 8oz, 12oz, pt; Max Str—4oz, 8oz, 12oz
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder