PEPTO-BISMOL LIQUID OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Bismuth subsalicylate 262mg/15mL; susp; sugar-free; original- or cherry-flavor.
Procter & Gamble Pharmaceuticals
Indications for PEPTO-BISMOL LIQUID:
Take caplets with water; do not chew. 2 tabs or caplets or 30mL every 30–60 minutes if needed; max 8 doses/day.
Varicella or influenza in children and teenagers.
Coagulation disorders. Diabetes. Reye's syndrome. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiates oral anticoagulants, hypoglycemics. Antagonizes uricosurics. Salicylism with aspirin. Reduces tetracycline absorption.
Darkened tongue and/or stool.
Chew tabs—12, 30, 48; To-Go chew tabs—12, 24; InstaCool (peppermint flavor) chew tabs—30; Caplets—24, 40; Liq—4oz, 8oz, 12oz, pt; Max Str—4oz, 8oz, 12oz
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Rapid Cycling Bipolar Disorder Associated With ADHD and Female Gender
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Symptom Trajectories Vary According to Language Development in Autism
- Quetiapine Exposure Does Not Appear to Increase Risk for Infant Malformations
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors May Increase Risk for Suboptimal Fetal Growth
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Prenatal Insecticide Exposure in Mother May Be Linked to Risk for Autism in Children