Penicillin VK Tablets Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Penicillin V (as potassium) 250mg, 500mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Penicillin VK Tablets:
Take on an empty stomach. 125–500mg every 6–8 hours.
Take on an empty stomach. 15–56mg/kg per day in 3–6 divided doses.
Cephalosporin, imipenem, or other allergy: not recommended. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Avoid concomitant erythromycin, sulfonamides. Potentiated by probenecid.
GI upset, urticaria, anaphylaxis.
Formerly known under the brand names Beepen-VK, Betapen-VK, Ledercillin VK, Pen-Vee K, Penapar-VK, Pfizerpen VK, V-Cillin K, Veetids, Uticillin VK.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder