Penicillin VK Tablets Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Penicillin V (as potassium) 250mg, 500mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Penicillin VK Tablets:
Take on an empty stomach. 125–500mg every 6–8 hours.
Take on an empty stomach. 15–56mg/kg per day in 3–6 divided doses.
Cephalosporin, imipenem, or other allergy: not recommended. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Avoid concomitant erythromycin, sulfonamides. Potentiated by probenecid.
GI upset, urticaria, anaphylaxis.
Formerly known under the brand names Beepen-VK, Betapen-VK, Ledercillin VK, Pen-Vee K, Penapar-VK, Pfizerpen VK, V-Cillin K, Veetids, Uticillin VK.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Examining Rates of Long-term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Mortality Rates for Substance Use Disorders, Intentional Injuries Vary Widely By Country
- Facial Emotion Recognition Differentiates Behavioral Variant Frontotemporal Dementia From MDD
- The Challenge of Helping Uninsured Patients While Protecting Practice Finances
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed