Generic Name and Formulations:
Polymyxin B sulfate 10000Units, neomycin sulfate 3.5mg, hydrocortisone 10mg; per mL; otic susp.
Indications for PEDIOTIC:
Susceptible infections of external auditory canal, mastoidectomy and fenestration cavities.
Clean ear. 4 drops in ear(s) 3–4 times daily; max 10 days. May use saturated cotton wick.
Clean ear. 3 drops in ear(s) 3–4 times daily; max 10 days.
Otic fungal, tubercular, or viral infections.
Discontinue if sensitization or irritation occur. Perforated eardrum. Chronic otitis media. Reevaluate if no improvement in 1 week. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Antibiotics + steroid.
Local reactions (eg, dermatitis), superinfection, ototoxicity, nephrotoxicity.
Susp—7.5mL (w. dropper)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Maternal Glucocorticoid Exposure Not Associated With ADHD in Offspring
- Ketamine Not Associated With PTSD Development in Military Trauma Setting
- Content, Quality Issues for Both Paper-Based and Electronic Health Records