PEDIALYTE SINGLES OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Dextrose 5.3g or 5.6g (fruit), sodium 9mEq, potassium 4mEq, chloride 7mEq, zinc 1.6mg, Calories 21 or 22 (fruit); per 6.8oz; liq; contains acesulfame; fruit, cherry or apple flavor.
Indications for PEDIALYTE SINGLES:
Oral fluid and electrolyte replacement in mild to moderate diarrhea and vomiting.
<1yr: see literature. ≥1yr: consume 1–2L/day for as long as diarrhea continues.
As sole therapy in severe continuing diarrhea. Intractable vomiting. Adynamic ileus. Intestinal obstruction or perforated bowel. Anuria, oliguria, or impaired homeostatic mechanism.
Fluid & electrolyte replacement.
Liq (flavored)—1L; Liq (unflavored)—2oz, 1L; Singles (6.8oz)—16; Pwd (packets)—4, 8; Pops—16
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Suicide Attempt Risk Among LGB Populations Higher Than Previously Estimated
- Residents Should Take Advantage of Paid Time Off
- Outpatient Engagement May Lower Suicide Attempts in Patients With Fibromyalgia
- Prevalence of Alzheimer Disease, Related Dementia Set to Double
- Forms of Childhood Adversity Related to First-Episode Psychosis Outcomes