PEDIA-LAX LIQUID STOOL SOFTENER OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Docusate sodium 50mg; per 15mL; fruit punch-flavored; contains sodium 13mg/15mL.
Fleet, C.B., Company
Indications for PEDIA-LAX LIQUID STOOL SOFTENER:
Prevention of dry, hard stools. Occasional constipation.
<2yrs: not recommended. Mix liq in 6–8oz of milk or juice. 2–11yrs: 50mg–150mg daily; may be given as a single dose or in divided doses. Max 150mg/day. Results usually within 12–72 hrs; reevaluate if ineffective.
Discontinue if rectal bleeding or no bowel movement occurs.
Concurrent mineral oil use: not recommended.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder