PEDIA-LAX LIQUID STOOL SOFTENER OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Docusate sodium 50mg; per 15mL; fruit punch-flavored; contains sodium 13mg/15mL.
Fleet, C.B., Company
Indications for PEDIA-LAX LIQUID STOOL SOFTENER:
Prevention of dry, hard stools. Occasional constipation.
<2yrs: not recommended. Mix liq in 6–8oz of milk or juice. 2–11yrs: 50mg–150mg daily; may be given as a single dose or in divided doses. Max 150mg/day. Results usually within 12–72 hrs; reevaluate if ineffective.
Discontinue if rectal bleeding or no bowel movement occurs.
Concurrent mineral oil use: not recommended.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Lithium Monotherapy Effective in Treating Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy May Alter Suicidal Ideation in Anxiety Disorders
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Cost-Effective Telehealth Alternatives for Veterans With Depression
- Polygenic Risk Scores Could Aid in Identifying Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses