Generic Name and Formulations:
Olopatadine HCl 0.7%; oph soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for PAZEO:
Treatment of ocular itching associated with allergic conjunctivitis.
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not established. ≥2yrs: 1 drop in each affected eye once daily.
Contact lenses (remove; may reinsert 5 minutes after administration, if eye is not red). Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Blurred vision, superficial punctate keratitis, dry eye, abnormal sensation in eye, dysgeusia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age