To date, there are no validated biomarkers to independently assess Parkinson Disease diagnosis and prognosis, or to measure disease severity.
There is no known cure to Parkinson's disease, though there are treatments that can suppress symptoms
Developing drugs to reduce LRRK2 activity could provide protection against damage caused by alpha-synuclein
The tremors and other motor symptoms that characterize Parkinson's disease result from the loss of dopamine-producing neurons in part of the midbrain
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Naltrexone-Assisted Detox vs Buprenorphine Taper for Opioid Dependence
- Suicide Prevention and Intervention: Cross-Cultural Perspectives
- Pediatric Patients Should Undergo Electrocardiogram Assessment Before Antipsychotic Treatment
- Which Antidepressants May Cause Birth Defects?
- Health Effects and Therapeutic Benefits of Cannabis