More specific biomarkers will be needed to differentiate between atypical parkinsonian disorders.
Research on monogenic disorders has made vital contributions to all aspects of medical care, including our understanding of pain pathophysiology.
Levodopa pill can wear off, but a powdered version can help patients during off periods.
The study suggests that statins may serve a greater purpose beyond control of lipids and cardiovascular events.
Researchers saw a beneficial effect in tests examining frontal lobe function and improvement in memory.
Dopaminergic Control of Striatal Cholinergic Interneurons May Cause Antipsychotic-Associated Parkinsonism
Research examines the underlying mechanisms for the disabling adverse effects associated with antipsychotic medications.
To date, there are no validated biomarkers to independently assess Parkinson Disease diagnosis and prognosis, or to measure disease severity.
If transmission of neurodegenerative diseases such as dementia of any type, AD, or PD does occur, it is rare.
Declining smoking rates could be associated with higher incidence of parkinsonism and PD.
The drug is the first of its kind to address PD psychosis without having an ill effect on motor symptoms.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Sleep Disorders: How to Manage Headaches in Patients?
- Anxiety and ADHD in Patients With Single-Ventricle Congenital Heart Disease
- Alcohol Use Disorder Diagnosis Stable From DSM-IV to DSM-5
- Opioid Cravings Reduced by Medication from ER Visits
- Neuropsychiatric Symptoms in Patients With HCV Cured of Infection
- Naltrexone-Assisted Detox vs Buprenorphine Taper for Opioid Dependence
- Pediatric Patients Should Undergo Electrocardiogram Assessment Before Antipsychotic Treatment
- Best Practices for Treatment of Bipolar Disorder
- Health Effects and Therapeutic Benefits of Cannabis
- Benzodiazepines Increase Stroke Risk in Alzheimer's