More specific biomarkers will be needed to differentiate between atypical parkinsonian disorders.
Research on monogenic disorders has made vital contributions to all aspects of medical care, including our understanding of pain pathophysiology.
Levodopa pill can wear off, but a powdered version can help patients during off periods.
The study suggests that statins may serve a greater purpose beyond control of lipids and cardiovascular events.
Researchers saw a beneficial effect in tests examining frontal lobe function and improvement in memory.
Dopaminergic Control of Striatal Cholinergic Interneurons May Cause Antipsychotic-Associated Parkinsonism
Research examines the underlying mechanisms for the disabling adverse effects associated with antipsychotic medications.
To date, there are no validated biomarkers to independently assess Parkinson Disease diagnosis and prognosis, or to measure disease severity.
If transmission of neurodegenerative diseases such as dementia of any type, AD, or PD does occur, it is rare.
Declining smoking rates could be associated with higher incidence of parkinsonism and PD.
The drug is the first of its kind to address PD psychosis without having an ill effect on motor symptoms.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- #MeToo: Helping Victims Cope With Sexual Harassment
- Association Between Psychosis and Development of Dementia in Older Men
- Clinician Insight: Exploring the Link Between Bipolar Disorder and Binge Eating Disorder
- Phonemic Verbal Advantage in Mild Cognitive Impairment May Predict Risk for Alzheimer Disease
- Psychosis Could Be a Potential Side Effect of Steroid Treatment in Kids
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Nutritional Influences on Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Old Challenges and New Directions in Managing Tardive Dyskinesia
- Early Intervention Strategies for Bipolar Disorder: Clinical Dilemmas and Directions
- Similar Rates of Childhood Trauma in Schizophrenia and Substance Use Disorders
- Psychiatric Comorbidities Increase Neurologic Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Self-Regulation Interventions Beneficial for Children
- Traumatic Brain Injury Associated With Increased Risk for Dementia
- Adverse Neurodevelopmental and Mental Health Outcomes in PCOS
- Depression and Sleep Disturbances: Common Bedfellows