PARAFON FORTE DSC Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Chlorzoxazone 500mg; scored caplets.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for PARAFON FORTE DSC:
Painful musculoskeletal conditions.
500mg 4 times daily; max 750mg 4 times daily.
Monitor for hepatotoxicity; discontinue if hepatic dysfunction, abnormal liver enzymes, or rash occurs. Allergy. Pregnancy.
Additive effects with concomitant alcohol, other CNS depressants.
Muscle relaxant (central).
GI upset, drowsiness, dizziness, liver damage; fatal hepatocellular toxicity (rare).
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Antidepressant Use and Dementia Risk in the Elderly
- Risk for Adverse Outcomes With Antidepressants in Dementia
- Chronic Alcohol Use Disorder Symptoms Occur Regardless of Social Status
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Buprenorphine, Methadone Combined With CNS Depressants May Lead to SAEs
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in HIV-Associated Depression
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress