Preemies may possess elevated levels of characteristics that put them at risk for peer victimization, including more anxiety and depression.
New tools and therapies are available for the approximately 6 million US adults with panic disorder.
Patients with sleep apnea appear to be predisposed to panic disorder, based on a study conducted in Taiwan.
A new spectrum disorder, known by the acronym ALPIM, associates panic disorder with several physical illnesses.
Meta-analysis finds that 45% of patients with bipolar disorder will develop an anxiety disorder in their lifetime.
Losing a loved one leads to an elevated risk of developing depression, panic disorder and PTSD.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Depression High Among Medical Students
- Evidence Against Palliative Care in Long-term Eating Disorders
- Low-Dose Dexmedetomidine Reduces Postoperative Delirium in Older Patients
- Better Cognition for Older Adults Who Nap After Lunch
- Alzheimer's Disease is a Significant Risk Factor for Major Hip Fracture
- First-Episode Schizophrenia Approaches Aided by Guidelines Instrument
- Hypertension Onset in Older Population May Protect Against Dementia
- Preschoolers With Depression Show Reduced Response to Rewards
- Lithium Side Effects for Bipolar Disorder Lead to Lower Prescription Rates
- Predictors of Favorable Outcomes in First-Episode Psychosis Without Medication