Preemies may possess elevated levels of characteristics that put them at risk for peer victimization, including more anxiety and depression.
New tools and therapies are available for the approximately 6 million US adults with panic disorder.
Patients with sleep apnea appear to be predisposed to panic disorder, based on a study conducted in Taiwan.
A new spectrum disorder, known by the acronym ALPIM, associates panic disorder with several physical illnesses.
Meta-analysis finds that 45% of patients with bipolar disorder will develop an anxiety disorder in their lifetime.
Losing a loved one leads to an elevated risk of developing depression, panic disorder and PTSD.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Addressing Common Nutritional Deficiencies in Autism
- Physical Activity During Midlife Influences Late Life Verbal Memory Performance
- Children With ADHD May Adapt More Poorly To Changes In Positive Reinforcement Patterns
- Functional Role of Adult-Born Neurons in Stress Vulnerability and Resilience
- "Drunkorexia" Linked To Both Eating and Substance Use Disorders
- No Difference Between Omega-3 & Placebo in Patients at Ultrahigh Risk for Psychosis
- Smartphone Questionnaire Effective for Long-Term Monitoring of Mood Instability
- Prolactin-Related Symptoms Decrease with Reduced Risperidone Dosage
- Sport Psychiatry: An Emerging Specialty
- Colonic Diverticular Disease May Increase Risk of Dementia