Generic Name and Formulations:
Dexamethasone 0.7mg in the Novadur delivery system; intravitreal implant; preservative-free.
Indications for OZURDEX:
Macular edema following branch retinal vein occlusion (BRVO) or central retinal vein occlusion (CRVO). Non-infectious uveitis affecting the posterior segment of the eye. Diabetic macular edema.
For ophthalmic intravitreal injection only. One implant in each affected eye(s).
Ocular or periocular infections. Glaucoma (cup to disc ratio >0.8). Torn or ruptured posterior lens capsule.
Monitor for intravitreal injection-related effects (eg, endophthalmitis, eye inflammation, increased intraocular pressure, retinal detachments) following the injection. Risk of potential steroid-related effects (eg, posterior subcapsular cataracts, glaucoma, secondary ocular infections). History of ocular herpes simplex: not recommended. Risk of implant migration to anterior chamber if posterior lens capsule is not intact. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Increased intraocular pressure, conjunctival hemorrhage, eye pain, conjunctival hyperemia, ocular hypertension, cataracts.
Single-use intravitreal implant—1 (w. applicator)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age