OXYTROL FOR WOMEN OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Oxybutynin 3.9mg/day; transdermal patch.
Merck Consumer Care, Inc.
Indications for OXYTROL FOR WOMEN:
Overactive bladder with symptoms of urge urinary incontinence, urgency, and frequency.
≥18yrs: Apply to clean, dry and smooth area on the abdomen, hips, or buttocks. Use 1 patch for 4 days in a row. Remove patch after 4 days and apply new one. Rotate application sites. Dispose properly with sticky sides together.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Male patients. Pain or burning when urinating. Blood in urine. Unexplained lower back or side pain. Cloudy or foul-smelling urine. Stress incontinence. Urinary or gastric retention. Glaucoma.
Consider other causes of frequent urination (eg, UTI, diabetes, early pregnancy). Unexplained weight loss. Hepatic or renal impairment. Reevaluate if condition worsens or no improvement after 2 weeks. Nursing mothers.
Additive effects with alcohol, other anticholinergic drugs. Caution with antibiotics (eg, erythromycin, clarithromycin) or antifungals (eg, ketoconazole, itraconazole).
Local reactions (eg, itching, rash, redness), sleepiness, dizziness, blurry vision.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders