Generic Name and Formulations:
Choriogonadotropin alfa (r-hCG) 250mcg/0.5mL; liq for SC inj.
EMD Serono, Inc.
Indications for OVIDREL:
Induction of final follicular maturation and early luteinization in infertile women as part of an Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) program. Ovulation induction where infertility is not due to ovarian failure.
250mg SC one day after last dose of follicle-stimulating agent, if adequate follicular development is evident, and only if there is no evidence of excessive ovarian response (e.g., significant ovarian enlargement, excessive estradiol production, multiple follicular development seen on ultrasound).
Ovarian enlargement and excessive follicular recruitment while undergoing menotropin therapy. Primary ovarian failure. Uncontrolled thyroid or adrenal dysfunction. Uncontrolled intracranial lesion (eg, pituitary tumor). Abnormal genital bleeding. Ovarian cyst or enlargement. Sex hormone-dependent tumors of reproductive system. Pregnancy (Cat.X).
Do complete gynecological and endocrinological exam first. Cardiac or renal disease. Epilepsy. Migraine. Asthma. Nursing mothers.
Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (discontinue if occurs) or enlargement, ascites, pleural effusion, ovarian cyst rupture, abdominal pain, multiple births, arterial thromboembolism, headache, irritability, restlessness, depression, fatigue, edema, local reactions.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age