Generic Name and Formulations:
Malathion 0.5%; lotion; contains alcohol 78%.
Indications for OVIDE:
Adults and Children:
<6yrs: not recommended. ≥6yrs: apply to dry hair until hair and scalp are thoroughly wet. Let hair dry naturally (do not use blow dryer or other heat source). Shampoo and rinse after 8–12 hours; remove dead lice and eggs with nit comb. May repeat once after 7–9 days. Wash hands after application. Wash or dryclean bedding or clothing appropriately.
For use on scalp only. Remove if irritation occurs, may reapply if irritation subsides; discontinue if irritation recurs. Avoid eyes. Product is flammable; keep away from heat and flame (including smoking, hair dryers, electric curlers). Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Stinging, irritation, mild conjunctivitis.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder