Generic Name and Formulations:
Malathion 0.5%; lotion; contains alcohol 78%.
Indications for OVIDE:
Adults and Children:
<6yrs: not recommended. ≥6yrs: apply to dry hair until hair and scalp are thoroughly wet. Let hair dry naturally (do not use blow dryer or other heat source). Shampoo and rinse after 8–12 hours; remove dead lice and eggs with nit comb. May repeat once after 7–9 days. Wash hands after application. Wash or dryclean bedding or clothing appropriately.
For use on scalp only. Remove if irritation occurs, may reapply if irritation subsides; discontinue if irritation recurs. Avoid eyes. Product is flammable; keep away from heat and flame (including smoking, hair dryers, electric curlers). Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Stinging, irritation, mild conjunctivitis.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders