Generic Name and Formulations:
Malathion 0.5%; lotion; contains alcohol 78%.
Indications for OVIDE:
Adults and Children:
<6yrs: not established. ≥6yrs: apply to dry hair until hair and scalp are thoroughly wet. Let hair dry naturally (do not use blow dryer or other heat source). Shampoo and rinse after 8–12hrs; remove dead lice and eggs with nit comb. May repeat once after 7–9 days. Wash hands after application. Wash or dryclean bedding or clothing appropriately.
For use on scalp only. Remove if irritation occurs, may reapply if irritation subsides; discontinue if irritation recurs. Avoid eyes. Product is flammable; keep away from heat and flame (including smoking, hair dryers, electric curlers). Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Stinging, irritation, chemical burns.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Suicide Attempt Risk Among LGB Populations Higher Than Previously Estimated
- Residents Should Take Advantage of Paid Time Off
- Outpatient Engagement May Lower Suicide Attempts in Patients With Fibromyalgia
- Prevalence of Alzheimer Disease, Related Dementia Set to Double
- Forms of Childhood Adversity Related to First-Episode Psychosis Outcomes