Generic Name and Formulations:
Ciprofloxacin 0.3%, fluocinolone acetonide 0.025%; otic soln; preservative-free.
Arbor Pharmaceuticals, LLC
Indications for OTOVEL:
Acute otitis media in pediatric patients with tympanostomy tubes due to S. aureus, S. pneumoniae, H. influenzae, M. catarrhalis, P. aeruginosa.
Adults and Children:
<6 months: not studied. ≥6 months: 1 vial (0.25mL) into affected ear(s) twice daily for 7 days.
Viral otic infections (eg, varicella, herpes simplex, fungal).
Discontinue if superinfection or hypersensitivity occurs. Reevaluate if no improvement after 1 week or if ≥2 episodes occur within 6 months. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Antibiotic (quinolone) + steroid.
Otorrhea, excessive granulation tissue, ear infection, ear pruritus, tympanic membrane disorder, auricular swelling, balance disorder.
Single-dose vials (0.25mL)—14
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age