Generic Name and Formulations:
Ciprofloxacin 0.3%, fluocinolone acetonide 0.025%; otic soln; preservative-free.
Arbor Pharmaceuticals, LLC
Indications for OTOVEL:
Acute otitis media in pediatric patients with tympanostomy tubes due to S. aureus, S. pneumoniae, H. influenzae, M. catarrhalis, P. aeruginosa.
Adults and Children:
<6 months: not studied. ≥6 months: 1 vial (0.25mL) into affected ear(s) twice daily for 7 days.
Viral otic infections (eg, varicella, herpes simplex, fungal).
Discontinue if superinfection or hypersensitivity occurs. Reevaluate if no improvement after 1 week or if ≥2 episodes occur within 6 months. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Antibiotic (quinolone) + steroid.
Otorrhea, excessive granulation tissue, ear infection, ear pruritus, tympanic membrane disorder, auricular swelling, balance disorder.
Single-dose vials (0.25mL)—14
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Enhanced Vaccination Effectiveness in Older Adults Linked to Positive Mood
- Subjective Cognitive Decline Linked to Alzheimer Biomarker
- Unnecessary Costs Associated With Low-Cost, Low-Value Health Services
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?