Generic Name and Formulations:
Ciprofloxacin 6% (60mg/mL); otic susp; preservative-free.
Indications for OTIPRIO:
Bilateral otitis media with effusion undergoing tympanostomy tube placement. Acute otitis externa due to P. aeruginosa and S. aureus.
Adults and Children:
<6mos: not established. For intratympanic or otic administration only. ≥6mos: Otitis media: give as one 0.1mL (6mg) single dose into each affected ear, following suctioning of middle ear effusion. Otitis externa: give as one 0.2mL (12mg) single dose to the external ear canal of each affected ear.
Potential for microbial overgrowth (eg, bacteria, fungi); if infections occur, use alternatives. Pregnancy.
Nasopharyngitis, irritability, ear pruritus, headache, otitis media, ear discomfort.
Single-patient use vial—1mL
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Neuroimaging Markers of Bipolar Disorder Risk for At-Risk Youth
- Suicide Attempt Risk Among LGB Populations Higher Than Previously Estimated
- Residents Should Take Advantage of Paid Time Off
- Outpatient Engagement May Lower Suicide Attempts in Patients With Fibromyalgia
- Prevalence of Alzheimer Disease, Related Dementia Set to Double