ORTHO MICRONOR Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Norethindrone 0.35mg (28 tabs).
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for ORTHO MICRONOR:
Continuous regimen: 1 tab daily.
Premenarchal: not recommended.
Known or suspected breast carcinoma. Undiagnosed abnormal genital bleeding. Liver tumors. Acute liver disease. Pregnancy (Cat.X).
Cigarette smoking. Ectopic pregnancy (monitor). Increased risk of breast cancer. Do physical exams at least annually. Monitor carbohydrate and lipid metabolism. Discontinue if migraine or other serious headaches occur. Use back-up contraception for 48hrs if taken 3hrs or more late. Nursing mothers: if not exclusively breastfeeding may start 3 weeks after delivery; if fully breastfeeding may start 6 weeks after delivery.
Antagonized by hepatic enzyme-inducing drugs (eg, phenytoin, carbamazepine, barbiturates, rifampin, St. John's Wort, bosentan). May affect lab tests (eg, sex hormone binding globulins, thyroid).
Menstrual irregularities, frequent or irregular bleeding, headache, breast tenderness, nausea, dizziness; delayed follicular atresia, ovarian cysts, androgenic effects (rare).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Comorbid Narcolepsy and Schizophrenia in Adolescents
- FDA Approves New Treatment for Opioid Dependence
- Gestational Diabetes Associated With Increased Risk for Postpartum Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Smartphone-Based Psychoeducational Programs May Be Effective for Bipolar Disorder Management
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Risk Factors for Recurrent Suicide Attempts in Substance Use Disorder Outpatients