Orphenadrine Citrate Extended-Release Tablets Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Orphenadrine citrate 100mg; sust-rel tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Orphenadrine Citrate Extended-Release Tablets:
Painful musculoskeletal conditions.
100mg twice daily (AM and PM).
Glaucoma. Achalasia. GU or GI obstruction. Myasthenia gravis.
Coronary disease, insufficiency, or arrhythmias. Asthma (inj). Monitor blood, urine, and liver in long-term use. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Potentiates anticholinergics, alcohol, other CNS depressants, MAOIs, antidepressants. Tremors, mental confusion with propoxyphene. Antagonizes steroids, barbiturates, phenylbutazone.
Tachycardia, transient dizziness or syncope, other anticholinergic effects (eg, weakness, increased intraocular pressure, urinary retention, blurred vision, dry mouth), GI upset.
Formerly known under the brand name Norflex.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Suicide Attempt Risk Among LGB Populations Higher Than Previously Estimated
- Residents Should Take Advantage of Paid Time Off
- Outpatient Engagement May Lower Suicide Attempts in Patients With Fibromyalgia
- Prevalence of Alzheimer Disease, Related Dementia Set to Double
- Forms of Childhood Adversity Related to First-Episode Psychosis Outcomes