Orphenadrine 50mg/Aspirin 770mg/Caffeine 60mg Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Orphenadrine citrate 50mg, aspirin 770mg, caffeine 60mg; scored tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Orphenadrine 50mg/Aspirin 770mg/Caffeine 60mg:
Painful musculoskeletal conditions.
½ –1 tab 3–4 times daily; max 4 tabs daily.
NSAID allergy. Varicella or influenza in teenagers. Glaucoma. Achalasia. GU or GI obstruction. Myasthenia gravis.
Coronary disease, insufficiency or tachycardia. History of bronchospasm. Peptic ulcer. Coagulation disorders. Monitor blood pressure, BUN, uric acid levels. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Increased risk of GI bleed/ulcer with alcohol, aspirin, NSAIDs, corticosteroids, anticoagulants. Potentiates oral hypoglycemics, anticholinergics, protein-bound drugs (eg, warfarin). Antagonizes steroids, barbiturates, phenylbutazone, uricosurics. Tremor and mental confusion with propoxyphene.
Anticholinergic + salicylate.
Tachycardia, transient dizziness or syncope, GI upset/bleed, anticholinergic effects (eg, dry mouth, blurred vision, increased intraocular pressure, urinary retention), weakness, headache, rash, blood dyscrasias.
Formerly known under the brand names Norgesic (25/385/30); Norgesic Forte (50/770/60).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Cognitive Impairment May Predict Persistent Psychosis in Ketamine Users
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- Prevalence of ADHD Relatively Stable Over Time Despite Increase in Diagnoses
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Evidence of Methylphenidate Abuse: Characterizing Patterns of Use in Pediatric and Adult Populations
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- Most Patients Comfortable With Clinicians Asking About Sexual Orientation
- Peer-to-Peer Depression Awareness Program May Be Beneficial
- Examining Rates of Long-term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders