Orphenadrine 25mg/Aspirin 385mg/Caffeine 30mg Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Orphenadrine citrate 25mg, aspirin 385mg, caffeine 30mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Orphenadrine 25mg/Aspirin 385mg/Caffeine 30mg:
Painful musculoskeletal conditions.
1–2 tabs 3–4 times daily.
NSAID allergy. Varicella or influenza in teenagers. Glaucoma. Achalasia. GU or GI obstruction. Myasthenia gravis.
Coronary disease, insufficiency or tachycardia. History of bronchospasm. Peptic ulcer. Coagulation disorders. Monitor blood pressure, BUN, uric acid levels. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Increased risk of GI bleed/ulcer with alcohol, aspirin, NSAIDs, corticosteroids, anticoagulants. Potentiates oral hypoglycemics, anticholinergics, protein-bound drugs (eg, warfarin). Antagonizes steroids, barbiturates, phenylbutazone, uricosurics. Tremor and mental confusion with propoxyphene.
Anticholinergic + salicylate.
Tachycardia, transient dizziness or syncope, GI upset/bleed, anticholinergic effects (eg, dry mouth, blurred vision, increased intraocular pressure, urinary retention), weakness, headache, rash, blood dyscrasias.
Formerly known under the brand names Norgesic (25/385/30); Norgesic Forte (50/770/60).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders