Orphenadrine 25mg/Aspirin 385mg/Caffeine 30mg Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Orphenadrine citrate 25mg, aspirin 385mg, caffeine 30mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Orphenadrine 25mg/Aspirin 385mg/Caffeine 30mg:
Painful musculoskeletal conditions.
1–2 tabs 3–4 times daily.
NSAID allergy. Varicella or influenza in teenagers. Glaucoma. Achalasia. GU or GI obstruction. Myasthenia gravis.
Coronary disease, insufficiency or tachycardia. History of bronchospasm. Peptic ulcer. Coagulation disorders. Monitor blood pressure, BUN, uric acid levels. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Increased risk of GI bleed/ulcer with alcohol, aspirin, NSAIDs, corticosteroids, anticoagulants. Potentiates oral hypoglycemics, anticholinergics, protein-bound drugs (eg, warfarin). Antagonizes steroids, barbiturates, phenylbutazone, uricosurics. Tremor and mental confusion with propoxyphene.
Anticholinergic + salicylate.
Tachycardia, transient dizziness or syncope, GI upset/bleed, anticholinergic effects (eg, dry mouth, blurred vision, increased intraocular pressure, urinary retention), weakness, headache, rash, blood dyscrasias.
Formerly known under the brand names Norgesic (25/385/30); Norgesic Forte (50/770/60).
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder