Generic Name and Formulations:
Treprostinil 0.125mg, 0.25mg, 1mg, 2.5mg, 5mg; ext-rel osmotic tabs.
United Therapeutics Corp.
Indications for ORENITRAM:
Pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) (WHO Group 1) in patients with WHO functional Class II–III symptoms, to improve exercise capacity.
Take with food. Swallow whole. Individualize. Initially 0.25mg twice daily (~12hrs apart) or 0.125mg three times daily (~8hrs apart). May increase in increments of 0.25mg or 0.5mg twice daily every 3–4 days; if not tolerated, consider titrating slower. If intolerable adverse effects occur, decrease in 0.25mg increments. Mild hepatic impairment (Child Pugh Class A) or concomitant strong CYP2C8 inhibitors (eg, gemfibrozil): initially 0.125mg twice daily; titrate by increments of 0.125mg twice daily every 3–4 days. Moderate hepatic impairment (Child Pugh Class B): not recommended. Treatment interruption/discontinuation or transitioning from SC/IV treprostinil: see full labeling.
Severe hepatic impairment (Child Pugh Class C).
Avoid abrupt withdrawal or sudden large dose reduction (see full labeling). Increased risk of bleeding. Diverticulosis or blind-end pouches. Hepatic impairment. Elderly. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat. C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Increased risk of symptomatic hypotension with concomitant diuretics, antihypertensives, or other vasodilators. Increased risk of bleeding with anticoagulants. Potentiated by CYP2C8 inhibitors (eg, gemfibrozil); see Adult.
Headache, nausea, diarrhea, flushing, pain in extremity, jaw pain, hypokalemia, abdominal discomfort.
Ext-rel tabs—10, 100
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder