OPTIRAY 350 Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ioversol 741mg/mL; soln for intravascular administration; contains organically bound iodine 350mg per mL.
Indications for OPTIRAY 350:
Adults: Peripheral and coronary arteriography and left ventriculography. For contrast enhanced computed tomographic imaging of the head and body. IV excretory urography. IV digital subtraction angiography and venography. Children: Angiocardiography.
Individualize. Peripheral arteriography: Aortic-iliac runoff: 60mL (range 20–90mL); Common iliac, femoral: 40mL (range 10–50mL); Subclavian, brachial: 20mL (15–30mL); total procedure doses should not exceed 250mL. Coronary arteriography and left ventriculography: Left coronary: 8mL (range 2–10mL); Right coronary: 6mL (range 1–10mL); Left ventricle: 40mL (range 30–50mL); max dose for procedures 250mL. Venography: 50–100mL per extremity; max 250mL. Head imaging: 50–150mL; max 150mL. Body imaging: Bolus inj: 25–75mL; Infusion: 50–150mL; max 150mL. IV digital subtraction angiography: may be injected centrally, in either the superior or inferior vena cava, or right atrium; or peripherally into an appropriate arm vein. Usual range: 30–50mL; total procedure dose should not exceed 250mL. IV urography: 50–75mL; may use higher dose of 1.4mL/kg (max 140mL) for optimum results.
Angiocardiography: 1.25mL/kg (range 1–1.5mL/kg); total administered dose should not exceed 5mL/kg up to a volume of 250mL.
See full labeling. Not for intrathecal use. Should be administered by professional trained in use of radiopaque agents in appropriate facilities with emergency treatment readily available. Risk of serious thromboembolic events (eg, MI, stroke), neurologic sequelae, including paralysis. Suspected thrombosis, phlebitis, severe ischemic disease, local infection: caution in venography. Advanced arteriosclerosis, severe hypertension, cardiac decompensation, senility, recent cerebral thrombosis/embolism, and migraine: use extreme caution in cerebral arteriography. Avoid angiography with homocystinuria. Renal or hepatic impairment. Anuria. CHF. Pulmonary hypertension. Chronic pulmonary emphysema. Dehydration. Multiple myeloma or other paraproteinemia. Homozygous sickle cell disease. Pheochromocytoma. Thyroid disorder. Diabetes. Myasthenia gravis. Anesthetized patients. Monitor blood pressure and ECG. Maintain adequate hydration. Avoid extravasation. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Patients with hepatic or biliary disorder that have received cholecystographic agents recently; increased risk of renal toxicity. Do not mix with other drugs. Radioactive iodine uptake studies may not accurately reflect thyroid function for up to 16 days.
Radiopaque contrast agent.
Nausea, headache, hypersensitivity; cardiovascular, CNS, respiratory, skin reactions, endocrine, others (see full labeling).
OPTIRAY 240: Bottles (50mL)—25, 100mL—12, 150mL—12, 200mL—12, Syringes (50mL, 125mL)—20, RFID-Tagged syringes (125ml)—20; OPTIRAY 300: Bottles (50mL—25, 100mL—12, 150mL—12, 200mL—12, Syringes (50mL, 100mL, 125mL)—20, RFID-Tagged syringes (100mL, 125mL)—20; OPTIRAY 320: Vials (20mL, 30mL)—25, Bottles (50mL)—25, 75mL, 100mL, 150mL, 200mL—12, Syringes (30mL, 50mL, 75mL, 100mL, 125mL)—20, RFID-Tagged syringes (50mL, 75mL, 100mL, 125mL)—20; OPTIRAY 350: Bottles (50mL)—25, 75mL, 100mL, 150mL, 200mL—12, Syringes (50mL, 75mL, 100mL, 125mL)—20, RFID-Tagged syringes (50mL, 75mL, 100mL, 125mL)—20
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder