Generic Name and Formulations:
Gadoversetamide 330.9mg/mL; soln for IV inj; preservative-free.
Indications for OPTIMARK:
For use with magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in patients with abnormal blood brain barrier or abnormal vascularity of the brain, spine and associated tissues. For use with MRI to provide contrast enhancement and facilitate visualization of lesions with abnormal vascularity in the liver in patients who are highly suspect for liver structural abnormalities on computed tomography.
Give as bolus peripheral IV injection at a dose of 0.2mL/kg at a rate of 1–2mL/sec.
Chronic, severe renal disease (GFR <30mL/min/1.73m2) or acute renal injury.
Increase risk for nephrogenic systemic fibrosis in patients with impaired elimination of gadolinium-based contrast agents. Screen for acute kidney injury and other conditions that reduce renal function. Use lowest possible dose. Do not exceed recommended dose; allow sufficient period of time for elimination prior to re-administration. Sickle cell anemia and other hemoglobinopathies. Hemolytic anemias. History of asthma, allergy or other respiratory disorders. Anaphylactoid reactions possible; have emergency resuscitative equipment available. Monitor for hypersensitivity during and for several hours after injection; discontinue if occurs. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended; discard breast milk up to 72hrs after injection.
Interference in serum iron, copper, zinc, and calcium measurements.
Gadolinium-based contrast agent.
Headache, vasodilation, taste perversion, dizziness, nausea, paresthesia; anaphylaxis (may be fatal).
Vials (5mL, 10mL, 15mL, 20mL)—10; Syringes (10mL, 15mL, 20mL, 30mL)—10
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder