Jeffrey Fudin, PharmD, discusses concerns he has regarding the CDC guideline for prescribing opioids for chronic pain.
Anthony Mariano, PhD, offered advice to clinicians for tapering patients off opioids.
Polymorphism at the level of drug receptors, transporters, or other proteins involved in drug metabolism or action may dampen a drug's efficacy or increase its toxicity.
The increase in cases of neonatal abstinence syndrome corresponds with the reported rise in opioid use during pregnancy.
Researchers compared 2 treatment methods in 150 individuals seeking outpatient treatment for prescription opioid or heroin dependence.
Factors including economics, environment, and demographic and social factors might put rural residents at a higher risk of these preventable causes of death.
Barriers to HIV testing include distrust of medical settings, fear of HIV stigma, and substance use problems.
If we invest in evidence-based addiction treatment that is invested in the dignity of every person who needs that treatment, many more people will find themselves ready to seek it out.
A webinar on patient shame forms part of the Prescribers' Clinical Support System for Opioid Therapies.
Self-harm has been the leading cause of pregnancy-related deaths in Colorado between 2004 and 2012.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Treatment-Resistant Depression: Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy Vs Treatment As Usual
- Mortality Increased in Patients Recently Discharged From Inpatient Treatment
- Increased Risk of Low-Functioning Autism for Children of Migrant Parents
- PTSD Symptoms May Be Eased by Non-Invasive Neurotechnology
- Alzheimer's Drugs See Steep Drop in Adherence
- Antibiotic Resistance Problem Addressed in New Congressional Bill
- Bipolar Disorder: QoL Affected by Depression, Irritiability
- Psychosis in Alzheimer's Disease Induced by Female-Specific Gene
- Psychosocial Factors, Risk Behaviors in HIV Improved by Intervention
- Bipolar Disorder Mobile Apps May Not Address Consumer Needs