Methadone exposure in utero was shown to have an increased risk of neonatal abstinence syndrome compared with buprenorphine.
The FDA has announced the approval of Sublocade for the treatment of moderate to severe opioid use disorder.
The Clinton Foundation's Health Matters Initiative, in partnership with the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, issued a report providing 49 recommendations under 10 topic areas on how to address the opioid crisis.
Veterans diagnosed with TBI don't use opioids very often.
Virtual reality may help combat the opioid crisis.
A poll found 58% in favor of prioritizing access to treatment; 26% in favor of more punishment.
Jeffrey Fudin, PharmD, discusses concerns he has regarding the CDC guideline for prescribing opioids for chronic pain.
Anthony Mariano, PhD, offered advice to clinicians for tapering patients off opioids.
Polymorphism at the level of drug receptors, transporters, or other proteins involved in drug metabolism or action may dampen a drug's efficacy or increase its toxicity.
The increase in cases of neonatal abstinence syndrome corresponds with the reported rise in opioid use during pregnancy.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Anhedonia and Suicidal Ideation Linked Independent of Major Affective Disorders
- Rarity of Late-Onset ADHD: Symptoms Linked to Other Causes
- Cognitive Insight Impairment May Precede Neurocognitive Decline in Schizophrenia
- Trump Administration Provides the CDC With a List of Banned Words, Phrases
- Expert Perspective: Link Between Depression and Mortality in Cancer Patients
- Amber Lenses Before Bed Improve Insomnia Symptoms
- Pregnancy and Bipolar Disorder: Expert Interview With Leena Mittal, MD
- Cannabis Use in Adolescence May Mediate Future Hypomania
- Lurasidone Monotherapy Safe, Efficacious in Children, Adolescents With Bipolar Depression
- Sleep Disruption May Lead to Increased Beta Amyloid Production
- Examining Duration of Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation Sessions for Depression
- Pretreatment Functioning Associated With Anxiolytic Efficacy of Vortioxetine
- AAN Issues New Guidelines for Treatment of Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Quality Improvement Intervention Improves Documentation of Geriatric Transitions in Care
- Sexual Harassment: Response to a National Crisis