Even though physician-assisted suicide is legal in 5 states and Washington, DC, no state allows euthanasia.
A physician discusses conscious and unconscious problem solving methods.
You have probably heard the term 'Big Data' being bandied around, but what does it actually mean for the psychiatry sector? Dr Nicola Davies explains what Big Data is, before exploring how it's currently being applied within psychiatry.
Anti-pharma prejudice may have a detrimental effect on drug discovery, clinical research, and physician education.
Model hits "sweet spot" for delivering both evidence-based and person-centered care.
Slow wave sleep in hypnosis-suggestible females almost doubled after hearing a hypnotic suggestion.
Prescribing physical activity benefits can help maintain treatment effect and promote general health.
A pilot program is underway at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center to determine if granting patients access to their psychiatrist's notes improves outcomes.
Families have a powerful influence on mental health equal to traditional medical risk factors.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Panel Recommends Earlier Body Weight Monitoring in Use of Mood Stabilizers
- Nondaily Cigarette Use Increasing Among Individuals With Mental Health, Substance Use Disorders
- Cesarean Delivery, Early Childhood Antibiotic Use Not Associated With Risk for ADHD
- Uncertainty as a Form of Violence: Current Immigration Policy and Crisis
- FDA Gets Tough on Juul, Other Electronic Cigarette Makers