You have probably heard the term 'Big Data' being bandied around, but what does it actually mean for the psychiatry sector? Dr Nicola Davies explains what Big Data is, before exploring how it's currently being applied within psychiatry.
Anti-pharma prejudice may have a detrimental effect on drug discovery, clinical research, and physician education.
Model hits "sweet spot" for delivering both evidence-based and person-centered care.
Slow wave sleep in hypnosis-suggestible females almost doubled after hearing a hypnotic suggestion.
Prescribing physical activity benefits can help maintain treatment effect and promote general health.
A pilot program is underway at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center to determine if granting patients access to their psychiatrist's notes improves outcomes.
Families have a powerful influence on mental health equal to traditional medical risk factors.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Addressing Common Nutritional Deficiencies in Autism
- Physical Activity During Midlife Influences Late Life Verbal Memory Performance
- Children With ADHD May Adapt More Poorly To Changes In Positive Reinforcement Patterns
- Functional Role of Adult-Born Neurons in Stress Vulnerability and Resilience
- "Drunkorexia" Linked To Both Eating and Substance Use Disorders
- No Difference Between Omega-3 & Placebo in Patients at Ultrahigh Risk for Psychosis
- Smartphone Questionnaire Effective for Long-Term Monitoring of Mood Instability
- Prolactin-Related Symptoms Decrease with Reduced Risperidone Dosage
- Sport Psychiatry: An Emerging Specialty
- Colonic Diverticular Disease May Increase Risk of Dementia