You have probably heard the term 'Big Data' being bandied around, but what does it actually mean for the psychiatry sector? Dr Nicola Davies explains what Big Data is, before exploring how it's currently being applied within psychiatry.
Anti-pharma prejudice may have a detrimental effect on drug discovery, clinical research, and physician education.
Model hits "sweet spot" for delivering both evidence-based and person-centered care.
Slow wave sleep in hypnosis-suggestible females almost doubled after hearing a hypnotic suggestion.
Prescribing physical activity benefits can help maintain treatment effect and promote general health.
A pilot program is underway at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center to determine if granting patients access to their psychiatrist's notes improves outcomes.
Families have a powerful influence on mental health equal to traditional medical risk factors.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Treatment-Resistant Depression: Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy Vs Treatment As Usual
- PTSD Symptoms May Be Eased by Non-Invasive Neurotechnology
- Psychosis in Alzheimer's Disease Induced by Female-Specific Gene
- Bipolar Disorder Mobile Apps May Not Address Consumer Needs
- Alzheimer's Drugs See Steep Drop in Adherence