Generic Name and Formulations:
Pegaspargase 750 IU/mL; soln for IV or IM inj; preservative-free.
Indications for ONCASPAR:
First-line acute lymphoblastic leukemia (including patients with asparaginase hypersensitivity).
Adults and Children:
Give by IV inj over 1–2hrs or by IM inj (max 2mL/inj site). 2500 IU/m2 no more frequently than every 14 days.
History of pancreatitis, serious hemorrhage, or thrombosis with prior L-asparaginase therapy.
Have resuscitation equipment available and observe patient for 1hr post-dose. Monitor serum glucose, coagulation parameters. Discontinue if serious allergic reactions, thrombotic events, or pancreatitis occur. Monitor for hepatotoxicity and abnormal liver function. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Allergic reactions (including anaphylaxis), hyperglycemia, pancreatitis, CNS thrombosis, coagulopathy, hyperbilirubinemia, elevated transaminases, hyperlipidemia.
Single-use vial (5mL)—1
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder