Generic Name and Formulations:
Gadodiamide 287mg/mL; soln for IV inj.
Indications for OMNISCAN:
For use in MRI to visualize lesions with abnormal vascularity (or those thought to cause abnormalities in the blood-brain barrier) in the brain (intracranial lesions), spine, and associated tissues. For use in MRI to facilitate the visualization of lesions with abnormal vascularity within the thoracic (noncardiac), abdominal, pelvic cavities, and the retroperitoneal space.
CNS: 0.2mL/kg given as a bolus IV inj. Kidney: 0.1mL/kg. Intrathoracic (noncardiac), intra-abdominal, pelvic cavities: 0.2mL/kg.
CNS: 2–16yrs: 0.2mL/kg given as a bolus IV inj. Kidney: 0.1mL/kg. Intrathoracic (noncardiac), intra-abdominal, pelvic cavities: 0.2mL/kg.
Chronic, severe renal disease (GFR <30mL/min/1.73m2) or acute kidney injury.
Not for intrathecal use; may cause convulsions, coma, sensory and motor neurologic deficits. Increase risk for nephrogenic systemic fibrosis in patients with impaired elimination of gadolinium-based contrast agents. Screen for acute kidney injury and other conditions that reduce renal function. Acute renal failure possible in patients with renal insufficiency within 48hrs of injection; use lowest possible dose and evaluate renal function. Do not exceed recommended dose; allow sufficient period of time for elimination prior to re-administration. History of asthma/allergy disorders. Anaphylactoid reactions possible; have emergency equipment available. Monitor for hypersensitivity during and for several hours post-inj; discontinue if occurs. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Interferes with serum calcium measurements with some colorimetric methods. May affect MRI.
Gadolinium-based contrast agent.
Nausea, headache, dizziness; cardiac failure, arrhythmia, MI, anaphylaxis (may be fatal).
Vials (5mL, 10mL, 15mL, 20mL)—10; Prefilled syringe (10mL, 15mL, 20mL)—10; Prefill Plus needle-free system (15mL, 20mL)—10 (prefilled syringe + sodium chloride 0.9% inj flush syringe)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder