Generic Name and Formulations:
Omeprazole 20mg (2 del-rel caps containing enteric-coated granules), clarithromycin 500mg (2 tabs), amoxicillin 500mg (4 caps); per daily administration card.
Indications for OMECLAMOX-PAK:
Treatment of patients with H. pylori infection and duodenal ulcer disease (active or one-year history) to eradicate H. pylori.
Swallow whole. Take on an empty stomach. Omeprazole 20mg + clarithromycin 500mg + amoxicillin 1g, all twice daily (AM + PM) for 10 days.
Concomitant ergots, pimozide.
Symptomatic response does not preclude gastric malignancy. Discontinue if acute interstitial nephritis, cutaneous/systemic lupus erythematosus occurs. Hepatic impairment, Asian patients: avoid. Myasthenia gravis (monitor). Mononucleosis. Renal impairment. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
See Contraindications. Clarithromycin: cardiac arrhythmias possible with concomitant pimozide. Vasospasm and ischemia with ergots. Colchicine toxicity (esp. in elderly). Torsades de pointes with quinidine, disopyramide. Potentiates digoxin, theophylline, carbamazepine, sildenafil, statins (lovastatin, simvastatin). Monitor QT prolongation with concomitant antiarrhythmics. May potentiate oral anticoagulants. CNS effects with triazolobenziodidiazepines (eg, triazolam, alprazolam) and benzodiazepines (eg, midazolam). Omeprazole: Increased INR and PT with concomitant warfarin. Antagonizes atazanavir, nelfinavir: not recommended. Consider dose reduction of concomitant saquinavir, cilostazol. Potentiates tacrolimus; monitor. May interfere with absorption of drugs for which gastric pH is important (eg, ketoconazole, atazanavir, erlotinib, mycophenolate mofetil, ampicillin esters, iron salts). Amoxicillin: Potentiated by probenecid. May interfere with testing for glucose in urine using Clinitest, Benedict's or Fehling's Solution.
Proton pump inhibitor + antibiotics (macrolide + penicillin).
Diarrhea, taste perversion, headache; superinfection (discontinue if occurs), C. difficile-associated diarrhea.
Daily administration card—1, 10
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Duration of Untreated Depression Predicts Depression Severity
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Elevated Dopamine Synthesis Capacity Observed in Both Bipolar and Schizophrenia
- SSRI Use Associated With Increased Type 2 Diabetes Risk in Young Adults
- Specialty Physicians Experiencing Lack of Income Growth
- Improved Patient-Provider Communication Needed Following Urgent Care Visits
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV