Generic Name and Formulations:
Antihemophilic Factor VIII (recombinant), porcine sequence 500 Units; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV inj after reconstitution.
Indications for OBIZUR:
Treatment of bleeding episodes in acquired Hemophilia A.
Limitations Of use:
Not established in baseline anti-porcine Factor VIII inhibitor titer >20 Bethesda Units (BU). Not for treatment of congenital Hemophilia A or von Willebrand disease.
Individualize. Give by IV inj at rate of 1–2mL/min. Minor and moderate bleed: initially 200 Units/kg every 4–12hrs; titrate subsequent doses to maintain 50–100 Units/dL. Major bleed: initially 200 Units/kg every 4–12hrs; titrate subsequent doses to maintain 100–200 Units/dL (to treat acute bleed) or 50–100 Units/dL (after acute bleed is controlled, if required). Adjust based on FVIII recovery levels and clinical response.
Hamster protein sensitivity.
Monitor for development of inhibitory antibodies; consider other therapies if suspected. Perform a Nijmegen Bethesda inhibitor assay if expected plasma FVIII levels not attained or if bleeding uncontrolled with expected dose. Monitor FVIII activity 30 mins and 3hrs after initial dose, then 30 mins after subsequent doses using one-stage clotting assay. Monitor replacement therapy in major surgery or life-threatening bleeding episodes. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Porcine factor VIII inhibitor development; hypersensitivity reactions (discontinue if occur).
Single-use vials—1, 5, 10 (w. diluent + vial adapter)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder