O-CAL F.A. Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Vit. A 5000 IU, Vit C. 90mg, Vit. D 400 IU, Vit. E 30 IU, thiamine 3mg, riboflavin 3mg, niacin 20mg, pyridoxine 4mg, folic acid 1mg, Vit. B12 12mcg, calcium (as carbonate) 200mg, iron (as fumarate) 66mg, iodine (as potassium) 150mcg, magnesium (as oxide) 100mg, zinc (as oxide) 15mg, copper (as sulfate) 2mg, sodium fluoride 1.1mg; tabs; sugar- and dye-free.
Indications for O-CAL F.A.:
Nutritional supplement, prevention of dental caries where water fluoridation <0.6ppm.
1 tablet daily.
Water fluoridation >0.6ppm.
Dental fluorosis, eczema, atopic dermatitis, urticaria possible with excessive fluoride intake. Account for other sources of fluoride. Folic acid may mask pernicious anemia.
Insoluble calcium fluoride with dairy products.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Rapid Cycling Bipolar Disorder Associated With ADHD and Female Gender
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Symptom Trajectories Vary According to Language Development in Autism
- Quetiapine Exposure Does Not Appear to Increase Risk for Infant Malformations
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors May Increase Risk for Suboptimal Fetal Growth
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Prenatal Insecticide Exposure in Mother May Be Linked to Risk for Autism in Children