NYQUIL COUGH OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Doxylamine succinate 6.25mg, dextromethorphan HBr 15mg; per 15mL; liq; contains sodium 18mg/15mL; cherry flavor.
Procter & Gamble Pharmaceuticals
Indications for NYQUIL COUGH:
Cough, rhinorrhea, sneezing.
30mL every 6 hours; max 4 doses/24 hours.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Glaucoma. GI or GU obstruction. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Antihistamine + antitussive.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Increased CNS effects with other CNS depressants.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, excitability in children.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Rapid Cycling Bipolar Disorder Associated With ADHD and Female Gender
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Symptom Trajectories Vary According to Language Development in Autism
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors May Increase Risk for Suboptimal Fetal Growth
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Prenatal Insecticide Exposure in Mother May Be Linked to Risk for Autism in Children
- Addressing the Uncertainties of the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program for Medical School Graduates