Generic Name and Formulations:
L-glutamine 5g; per packet; pwd for oral solution.
Indications for NUTRESTORE:
Short bowel syndrome in conjunction with nutritional support and recombinant human growth hormone therapy.
Take with food at 2–3 hour intervals while awake. 30g/day in divided doses (5g taken 6 times daily) for up to 16 weeks; may delay dose up to 2 hours if transiently intolerant to oral intake.
Not for parenteral use. Renal or hepatic impairment (monitor). Labor and delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Infection, GI events (eg, tenesmus, flatulence), fever, depression, headache, hypoesthesia, pruritus, nail disorder.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Antidepressant Use and Dementia Risk in the Elderly
- Risk for Adverse Outcomes With Antidepressants in Dementia
- Chronic Alcohol Use Disorder Symptoms Occur Regardless of Social Status
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Buprenorphine, Methadone Combined With CNS Depressants May Lead to SAEs
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in HIV-Associated Depression
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress