Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydrocodone bitartrate, acetaminophen; 5mg/325mg, 7.5mg/325mg, 10mg/325mg; scored tabs.
Indications for NORCO:
Moderate to moderately severe pain.
5mg/325mg: 1–2 tabs every 4–6 hrs as needed. 7.5mg/325mg, 10mg/325mg: 1 tab every 4–6 hrs as needed; max 6 tabs/day.
Head injury. Increased intracranial pressure. Acute abdomen. Impaired renal, hepatic, thyroid, pulmonary, or adrenocortical function. GI or GU obstruction. Asthma. Drug abusers. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiation with alcohol, other CNS depressants, MAOIs, tricyclic antidepressants, antihistamines, anticholinergics, antipsychotics, antianxiety agents (reduce dose of either or both drugs if used together). Acetaminophen may cause false (+) urinary 5-hydroxyindoleacetic acid test.
Opioid + analgesic.
Lightheadedness, CNS/respiratory depression, nausea, vomiting, constipation, urinary retention, rash, abuse potential; hepatotoxicity (overdosage).
Tabs 5/325, 7.5/325—100; 10/325—100, 500
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Antidepressant Use and Dementia Risk in the Elderly
- Risk for Adverse Outcomes With Antidepressants in Dementia
- Chronic Alcohol Use Disorder Symptoms Occur Regardless of Social Status
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Buprenorphine, Methadone Combined With CNS Depressants May Lead to SAEs
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in HIV-Associated Depression
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress