Nizatidine Capsules Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Nizatidine 150mg; caps.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Nizatidine Capsules:
Active duodenal ulcer. Maintenance of healed duodenal ulcer. Benign gastric ulcer. Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD): including heartburn and erosive and ulcerative esophagitis.
Active duodenal or benign gastric ulcer: 300mg daily at bedtime or 150mg twice daily, both for up to 8 weeks. Maintenance: 150mg daily at bedtime. GERD: 150mg twice daily for up to 12 weeks. Renal impairment: see literature.
Rule out malignant gastric ulceration. Renal insufficiency, reduce dose (see literature). Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May elevate serum salicylate levels in high-dose aspirin patients.
Headache, anemia, diarrhea, dizziness, sweating, rhinitis, urticaria.
Formerly known under the brand name Axid.
Caps—contact supplier; Soln—480mL
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders