Generic Name and Formulations:
Nitroglycerin 0.4mg/actuation; lingual aerosol spray.
Mist Pharmaceuticals, LLC
Indications for NITROMIST:
Acute attacks and prophylaxis of angina.
1–2 sprays at onset of attack, on or under tongue while sitting; may repeat every 5 minutes as needed; max 3 sprays/15 minutes. May use prophylactically 5–10 minutes before exertion. Do not inhale spray. Do not rinse mouth for 5–10 minutes after use.
Concomitant PDE5 inhibitors (eg, sildenafil, vardenafil, tadalafil), riociguat. Severe anemia. Increased intracranial pressure.
Volume depletion. Hypotension. Acute MI. CHF. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Monitor for tolerance. Product is flammable. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Hypotension potentiated with PDE5 inhibitors, riociguat, antihypertensives, β-blockers, calcium channel blockers, alcohol. May be potentiated by aspirin. Nitroglycerin (IV) may antagonize t-PA, heparin (monitor APTT). Avoid concomitant ergotamine and related drugs. Do not use epinephrine to treat hypotension from nitrate overdose.
Headache (may be severe), flushing, rash, hypotension, syncope.
Bottles—4.1g (90 metered sprays), 8.5g (230 metered sprays)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Enhanced Vaccination Effectiveness in Older Adults Linked to Positive Mood
- Subjective Cognitive Decline Linked to Alzheimer Biomarker
- Unnecessary Costs Associated With Low-Cost, Low-Value Health Services
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?