Generic Name and Formulations:
Nitroglycerin 0.4mg/actuation; lingual aerosol spray.
Mist Pharmaceuticals, LLC
Indications for NITROMIST:
Acute attacks and prophylaxis of angina.
1–2 sprays at onset of attack, on or under tongue while sitting; may repeat every 5 minutes as needed; max 3 sprays/15 minutes. May use prophylactically 5–10 minutes before exertion. Do not inhale spray. Do not rinse mouth for 5–10 minutes after use.
Concomitant PDE5 inhibitors (eg, sildenafil, vardenafil, tadalafil), riociguat. Severe anemia. Increased intracranial pressure.
Volume depletion. Hypotension. Acute MI. CHF. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Monitor for tolerance. Product is flammable. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Hypotension potentiated with PDE5 inhibitors, riociguat, antihypertensives, β-blockers, calcium channel blockers, alcohol. May be potentiated by aspirin. Nitroglycerin (IV) may antagonize t-PA, heparin (monitor APTT). Avoid concomitant ergotamine and related drugs. Do not use epinephrine to treat hypotension from nitrate overdose.
Headache (may be severe), flushing, rash, hypotension, syncope.
Bottles—4.1g (90 metered sprays), 8.5g (230 metered sprays)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Suicide Attempt Risk Among LGB Populations Higher Than Previously Estimated
- Residents Should Take Advantage of Paid Time Off
- Outpatient Engagement May Lower Suicide Attempts in Patients With Fibromyalgia
- Prevalence of Alzheimer Disease, Related Dementia Set to Double
- Forms of Childhood Adversity Related to First-Episode Psychosis Outcomes