Generic Name and Formulations:
Ixazomib 2.3mg, 3mg, 4mg; gel caps.
Indications for NINLARO:
In combination with lenalidomide and dexamethasone for the treatment of patients with multiple myeloma who have received at least 1 prior therapy.
Swallow whole. Take ≥1hr before or ≥2hrs after food. Initially 4mg once weekly on Days 1, 8, and 15 of a 28-day cycle; continue until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. Give with lenalidomide 25mg daily on Days 1–21 and dexamethasone 40mg on Days 1, 8, 15, and 22. Moderate or severe hepatic impairment, severe renal impairment, or ESRD on dialysis: initially 3mg. Prior to new cycle, ensure ANC ≥1,000/mm3, platelets ≥75,000/mm3, recovery of non-hematologic toxicities to baseline or Grade ≤1. Consider antiviral prophylaxis to decrease risk of herpes zoster reactivation. Dose modifications: see full labeling.
Thrombocytopenia: monitor platelets at least monthly during treatment; consider more frequently for first 3 cycles. Adjust dose for Grade 3/4 GI symptoms or Grade ≥2 rash. Monitor for peripheral neuropathy; adjust dose if worsens. Adjust dosing of dexamethasone or ixazomib if Grade 3/4 peripheral edema symptoms occur. Hepatic impairment; monitor enzymes regularly and adjust for Grade 3/4 symptoms. Severe renal impairment or ESRD. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Pregnancy: avoid. Males and females of reproductive potential must use effective contraception during therapy and for 90 days after final dose. Females using hormonal contraceptives should also use barrier method. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during and for 90 days after final dose).
Avoid concomitant strong CYP3A inducers (eg, rifampin, phenytoin, carbamazepine, St. John's Wort). Risk of reduced hormonal contraceptives efficacy with concomitant dexamethasone.
Diarrhea, constipation, thrombocytopenia, peripheral neuropathy, nausea, peripheral edema, vomiting, back pain; rash, hepatotoxicity, herpes zoster, eye disorders.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Enhanced Vaccination Effectiveness in Older Adults Linked to Positive Mood
- Subjective Cognitive Decline Linked to Alzheimer Biomarker
- Unnecessary Costs Associated With Low-Cost, Low-Value Health Services
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?