Researchers found that lorcaserin combined with varenicline minimized weight gain and waist circumference increases.
The extent of secondhand tobacco smoke exposure was linked to atherosclerosis in asymptomatic never smokers.
Researchers found a reduction in smoking cessation medications when counseling was required to obtain them.
Compared with men who never used tobacco, those who used snus but did not smoke had a 24% higher risk of death from prostate cancer.
Researchers find heavy users have lower bone density than cigarette smokers.
Cigarette smoking prevalence among persons with severe mental illness is approximately 3 times greater than the rate observed in the general population.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Family History of Psychiatric Disorders an Important Predictor of Postpartum Psychiatric Illness
- New APA President Takes Office as the First African-American to Lead the Organization
- MDMA-Assisted Psychotherapy Effective for Treating PTSD in Veterans, First Responders
- Antidepressant Use May Be Linked With Sustained Risk for Weight Gain
- Early Intervention Services Superior to Treatment as Usual for Early-Phase Psychosis
- Video Games and Exercise as Alternative Therapies for ADHD
- How Parents Can Enhance Autism Treatment: Use of Intervention Strategies at Home
- Electroconvulsive Therapy Effective in Children With Autism
- The Cutting Edge of Schizophrenia Research: VR as Treatment for Psychosis
- Cannabidiol Not Associated With Improvement in Chronic Schizophrenia
- New Dimensions in Psychopathy: Are There Cultural Differences in Psychopaths?
- Addressing Psychiatric Comorbidities in Inflammatory Rheumatic Diseases
- Exploring the Link Between Persistent Infection, Inflammation, and Mood Disorders
- CDC: No Change in Level of Uninsured in US in 2017
- Benefit of Behavioral Activation During TMS for Major Depressive Disorder